Curious how you can make the most of eBay Promoted Listings? Here are two of the latest tools, which you can also hear more about in our on-demand webinar.
eBay Trending Ad Rate
We want to get right into the feature — but first, here’s a little background. The eBay trending ad rate is the average ad rate, set by sellers, for similar promoted items at the subcategory level. It can help you stay competitive by improving the chances of your ads being shown more often. eBay updates this data weekly.
eBay now surfaces trending rate data for categories in its API. This allows ChannelAdvisor to use this data for your consideration when setting up campaigns in the ChannelAdvisor platform.
You have two options for taking the eBay trending ad rate into consideration in ChannelAdvisor:
- Configured Rate Campaign — Promote listings using the eBay-published trending ad rate for the category. This setup will allow you to give us a range to work with around the eBay trending ad rate, as well as a minimum and maximum percentage.
- Discover Rate Campaign — Automatically determine your best advertising rate using user-defined ranges with the eBay-published trending ad rate for the category. This setup will also allow you to give us a range to work with around the eBay trending ad rate, as well as a minimum and maximum percentage.
Discover Rate Campaigns
Not sure what percentage rate to use when setting up promoted listings? Try Discover Rate campaigns for promoted listings in ChannelAdvisor!
Using the Discover Rate option allows ChannelAdvisor to test different promoted listing rates based on inputs from you to find the optimal rate for you products. The goal is to give you the best return on investment (ROI) without overpaying on your promoted listing percentage.
Two options to automatically determine the best advertising rate for:
- Setting a range between two percentages. Enter the minimum and maximum percentages you would like to use as the boundaries for the test campaigns.
- Using eBay-published trending ad rate for the category with user-defined ranges. This setup will allow you to give us a range to work with around the eBay trending ad rate, as well as a minimum and maximum percentage.
Promoted Listings helps your items stand out. Don’t forget the best part — you only pay when your items sell! #winning. Promoted Listings can help you:
- Boost item visibility
- Jumpstart new item ranking
- Raise brand awareness
Visit the Promoted Listings for eBay setup page if you are ready to start now.
Still have questions about Promoted Listings for eBay with ChannelAdvisor?
Download our eBay Volume Discounts and Promoted Listings tip sheet to get more information on new and exciting features with eBay’s Promoted Listings, plus Volume Discounts Support.